Monday 13 June 2011

Next steps.... into the unknown

June 13th 2010
Well, now I know I have the dreaded 'big C' what next.  I am to see Mr Duffy the cancer Consultant in Thoracic Surgery on Thursday 17th June 2010 at 3:30. This is at Nottingham City Hospital. Then I am seeing Dr Stokes at Lincoln County Hospital, in the Oncology Clinic on Friday 18th June 2010 at 10:20.

I am sure after these visits I will know more about my treatment and my chances for survival.

June 13th 2011
Looking back and writing this entry produces mixed feelings.  I am so glad I am still here to write this, but so angry that there will be people out there who have this cancer and don't know it yet, they may have had symptoms like me, and are just brushing it off, saying they will get better. There may be Dr's who are prescribing drugs for indigestion, in all good faith, while the cancer grows and spreads. You, a loved one or family and friends may get this, and if you do, then time is so important in your chances for survival.  I was reading an article the other day in the National Press which highlighted the bad record in this country of diagnosing cancer.  We MUST change that and get people aware, in time to do something about it!!. Help me by passing this blog onto friends and family, and we WILL raise awareness

1 comment:

  1. HI Brian
    Just to say I hope you got on OK at the hospitals last week and that some treatment is getting sorted for you x

    ReplyDelete